Just as midnight arrives, everyone in the club started hugging and wishing each other Happy New Year 2008! Now I’m here completing one last blog entry for the year 2008. Sitting here while most people are out having a blast to usher in the New Year, I am here reminiscing about all that had taken place in 2008 itself. It is a year which sees me moving forward and further from my safe circle. It was also a fun year for me.
Life started with me struggling to fight the fact that ‘he’ belongs to someone else now. I’ve gone through times where thoughts of us together linger across my mind. It just left a bad feeling there and then. Eventually I got over that feeling and opened myself up to the world outside.
Having found new friends and colleagues, lifestyle changes. Being a passive person I had gotten myself involved in some outdoor activities which lead to me participating in an adventure race. That experience was priceless. I had managed to fulfill my hidden dream of being involved in such activity. The race had also helped me work on my fear of heights.
Everything in life seems to happen continuously bringing one experience to another. The past year had seen me standing firm on my decision for the longest time. Playing the role of putting down someone else’s hope was not nice at all. But having no choice, a stern stand had to be made clear for it had put me in a dilemma which I never imagined would befall upon me. Alas I’ve made the right decision. This experience not only made me stronger, it also opened my eyes to discovering what I want in life.
I’ve had a wonderful birthday this year which I organized myself. Of course venue was at daddy’s restaurant at Sungai Ara. After that it was all work with income tax submission datelines. There had been many surprises this year with a last minute holiday trip back to the land of my origins. Not to forget the wonderful Asian ECK Youth Retreat at El Sanctuary, Malacca.
All these great happenings had been wonderful and made my life more beautiful. Being presented the abundance of having great friends and meeting amazing people, life has been an interesting journey. I have opened my heart up to accept whatever that is being laid upon me and I love it.
To Janice & Karen, thanks for standing by for me all these while. Our beach escapades, crazy food frenzy and movie weekends had been so much fun because of your presence. Of course 2009 may see more crazy small gatherings and we could have AL and the ever so entertaining ‘cuntilicious Ced’ with us, making us laugh till we tear. Oh not to forget covering our faces with Menus and praying hard that the restaurant proprietor don’t chase us out because our ‘ga-ga-ness’ made other restaurant patrons think we are crazy.
To the others who’d made an appearance in my life, the time which we’d spent together has made my life amazing and I’m grateful that we all crossed path.
Have A Wonderful New Year!!!
Life started with me struggling to fight the fact that ‘he’ belongs to someone else now. I’ve gone through times where thoughts of us together linger across my mind. It just left a bad feeling there and then. Eventually I got over that feeling and opened myself up to the world outside.
Having found new friends and colleagues, lifestyle changes. Being a passive person I had gotten myself involved in some outdoor activities which lead to me participating in an adventure race. That experience was priceless. I had managed to fulfill my hidden dream of being involved in such activity. The race had also helped me work on my fear of heights.
Everything in life seems to happen continuously bringing one experience to another. The past year had seen me standing firm on my decision for the longest time. Playing the role of putting down someone else’s hope was not nice at all. But having no choice, a stern stand had to be made clear for it had put me in a dilemma which I never imagined would befall upon me. Alas I’ve made the right decision. This experience not only made me stronger, it also opened my eyes to discovering what I want in life.
I’ve had a wonderful birthday this year which I organized myself. Of course venue was at daddy’s restaurant at Sungai Ara. After that it was all work with income tax submission datelines. There had been many surprises this year with a last minute holiday trip back to the land of my origins. Not to forget the wonderful Asian ECK Youth Retreat at El Sanctuary, Malacca.
All these great happenings had been wonderful and made my life more beautiful. Being presented the abundance of having great friends and meeting amazing people, life has been an interesting journey. I have opened my heart up to accept whatever that is being laid upon me and I love it.
To Janice & Karen, thanks for standing by for me all these while. Our beach escapades, crazy food frenzy and movie weekends had been so much fun because of your presence. Of course 2009 may see more crazy small gatherings and we could have AL and the ever so entertaining ‘cuntilicious Ced’ with us, making us laugh till we tear. Oh not to forget covering our faces with Menus and praying hard that the restaurant proprietor don’t chase us out because our ‘ga-ga-ness’ made other restaurant patrons think we are crazy.
To the others who’d made an appearance in my life, the time which we’d spent together has made my life amazing and I’m grateful that we all crossed path.
Have A Wonderful New Year!!!
1 comment:
BABE I LOVE YOU!!!!!
Thanks for everything.. looking forward to more adventures in 2009!
lotsa hugs..wouldn't have survived 2008 without your support, know that =)
Post a Comment