Thursday, December 18, 2008

Maids who irritate me...

Indonesian maids. I have been having the luxury of having an Indonesian maid since primary school. All these while I have the perception that they are here to work and to earn an income for their poor family back in their homeland. My perception has been so until recently. Of course I am not talking about my own maid but I’m talking about those maids that had been hired by one of the stall operators at my dad’s coffee shop.

A few months back there is this one maid, let’s call her S. She was hired to work for D. I don’t usually care about them because I just couldn’t be bothered. However, my mum is at the shop everyday so she knows what is going on and during weekends I would just sit by her side in the counter and we’d talk. So she told me about S. She has a string of boyfriends here. In my humble opinion, she is not hot at all. First glance I think you would have ran away even if you are a lady looking at her. What more a man. And how did she manage to get a line of men under her arms? Well for her it’s easy. Formula is just spread your legs wide open and there you have all the men you want. *sick* Frankly, by the look of her face, and if I were a man, I really tak lalu la… I don’t know how these men are able to go for her.

Anyway, one Sunday as I was helping my mum in the shop, there was a commotion suddenly. I went to see what was going on and to my surprise S was going through some kind of fit and she was crying. Then I heard her lady boss M said “ketagih nafsu”. S went into a fit because she could not control her so called ‘sexual desire’. The cause of the fit is because she saw 2 of her boyfriends at the shop. If I’m not mistaken one is a Mat Indon and another is Pak Bangla. She is so so international. Since that incident she stopped working with D.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

The next story is about another maid who also works for D. I’ll call her L. She is still under his employment of D but she seems to irritate my by the days. It all started one evening when my family and I were having our dinner at the dining table in the shop. L came in to clear the plates when the customers had left. She was not wearing any shoes. Being the shop owner, my dad told her to wear shoes. She looked up to my dad and said “ Saya orang miskin jadi tak pakai kasut.” Bloody kurang ajar. I was going to stand up and slap her that instance. But since she did not offend me I just let her be. Here people are being nice and caring enough to advise her that she wear shoes and she had to retaliate back with such remarks. Thus, from that day onwards the look of her face also irritates me.

Every morning the maids who work for D would come in very early in the morning to prepare the dishes for his Nasi Melayu stall. They would come and then use our toilet to change before starting their work. During weekdays, I would have to use the toilet in the morning. One morning I find the toilet being used. Fine. So I went upstairs and get some stuff done before I go down again. Just as I reached the end of the stairs, L walked in and wanted to go to the toilet. Being cranky in the morning, I shouted at her asking her to use the other toilet. I may sound selfish but that is my house and what more I need to use the toilet. Furthermore, it was L who walked in. So that was her lucky day.

From then on, I told my maid not to let the Indonesian workers come in to change until I get wake up. But the problem doesn’t stop there. I really do not know what is inside their head. Obviously when you see that a toilet door is close then the toilet is occupied. Kanasai (bear with me, please) don’t know which Indon maid come and pull at the door when I was inside the toilet. No, the door did not open but won’t you feel irritated? So I yelled at that person outside, “Woi you bodoh ka?!! Tak nampak pintu sudah tutup?!!” My mum heard me and she continued to scold that Indon worker, “Apala you, sudah nampak pintu tutup lagi tarik-tarik buat apa?! You orang punya rumah tak ada tandas ka?!!” That was it from that day onwards, I purposely wake up late so that they don’t get to come in to change. And if I know they are outside the toilet waiting I would wait till they go cannot tahan and had to go out to work before I get out of there. They even got scolded by my maid for their stupidity. See even my maid is not on their side. They are just plain se-too-pit!!

Last weekend I got my chance to get back at L. She was asked to collect money from customers. So, she went around collecting payments from the customers who ordered nasi. As usual there would be the need to for lose change. During weekends, I would be the one sitting at the counter. That Saturday, L came up to the counter and asked if I can change two RM5 notes for her. I was rather reluctant but change for her anyway. Sunday came and L was on duty to make sure that the customers paid for their meals. Again L came up to the counter asking if I could provide her loose change for RM10. I was really really reluctant this time as I notice she is just lazy to walk back to the stall to get the change. So I changed for her two RM5 notes. Then she looked at me and asked if she can have five (5) RM1 notes. That was it la…. I kasi her nicely there and then. I snapped “Sudah tak ada tukarla.. You punya taukeh tak ada duit kecil ka? Buat apa perniagaan tak ada duit kecik? Tak ada, tak ada saya tak mahu tukar bagi you. You sendiri pi cari you punya taukeh tukar.” She gave me the pissed look and had to walk back to her stall and get the loose change. Hmph… Nak main dengan aku… Bukan begitu senang le cik adik Indon.

All these events had changed my perception on these people except for my maid as she somehow shares the same thought as us. She is not easily influenced by all the other maids even if she does mingle around with them. As for the others, the moment they step foot on our land, they tend to have forgotten where they came from. They take things for granted and do whatever they like. Forgetting about the hardship in their homeland, they misuse their permits and break laws. And they are one dirty bunch of people who sleeps around with anyone and everyone as long as they are provide with money, jewelleries and cell phones? Oh not to forget, as long as there are men who are interested in them they can just forget about the world. They would boast about this man and that man to their comrades which makes them sounds so cheap. DUH!! Worst is when the man comes and find them, there would be dramas to see which would make all those Bollywood actors and actresses cover their faces in shame.

3 comments:

Mariposa said...

aduh so the dram

summerhope said...

yea it's very the membabikan... it happened again today. Dunno which Indon maid came and bang my door when I was in the toilet. Straight I scolded her with all the "babi" in my sentence. Real kns la these people

Mariposa said...

oh dear..

BTW You've been bestowed with teh Honest Scrap award! (not sure what it is but since it's an award, i bagi kat hang la =p)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/kerayzee/honest_award-black.jpg