Monday, June 23, 2008

Birthday 2008

12th June 2008 – I celebrated my 24th birthday. Since I was working on that day, we all went out for lunch in one of the local shops. It was all good and everyone was enjoying their meal. Later in the afternoon, I was presented a birthday cake in the office itself. And so we all had out late tea to the serving of lemon cheese cake… yummy yummy…thanks to my colleague, the yummy-licious cake captured and posted here for my dear readers to appreciate…..




14th June 2008 – I had a post birthday dinner party at none other than Fisherman’s Grill Restaurant as a treat to almost all of my close friends… some of which I’ve known since primary school… On the 9th I sent e-cards and sms to those selected few and waited for their reply. To my surprise, everyone responded so fast. By night, I’ve already got their replies and made reservations for the dinner on Saturday.

10th June 2008 – I send a confirmation e-card to every guest of the time and venue and dress code as well… Yes dress code…restricted everyone from wearing black.. Then I started planning on the seating positions. I wanted to give them something to bring back after the dinner, so I asked my friend and darling cousin of what would be best. In the end I decided on making place cards with a personal note in each and everyone of them. From then on, I started thinking of how I wanted my cards to be. Can’t really make up my mind on the design until the very last minute.

So by 6.30pm on 14th June 2008, I finally got all my place cards ready with their notes inside. Didn’t have time to take pictures of each and every one of them as I was rushing and the camera had been hijacked by my brother for a family dinner which I missed (intentionally). Just to let you know, every card has got different covers. The only thing that is similar is the envelopes which I love so much.


I was running late for dinner which I’ve initially planned to be held at 7.00pm. Luckily no one arrived yet except for my college friend. And so I rushed in and place all the cards on the table. When my guests walked in, they see where they are supposed to be seated.

Moments before the final quests arrive, I’ve make sure everyone had made their orders for the night. After everyone has arrived, and all the introduction have been made, we all sat down and talked. Probably the noisiest crowd in the place. It was really nice to see that everyone blending well with each other. I said so because most of my guests consist of people if met at different stage of my life. Seeing them so busy talking makes me so happy.


Just then the food was served…. Hmm…simply delicious… Had a 4 course meal with Creamy Mushroom Soup for appetizer, followed by main course of our choice from a selection of fish, chicken, steak or lamb. The main course came with a combination of Nyonya Panggang Prawns (lightly grilled prawns with nyonya sambal paste). I think the main course itself was sumptious. Then it was dessert which is Tapai Ice Cream..not bad.. This delicious meal was accompanied by a punch called Lemon Twist which is oh so soury and I bet you can do the twist after drinking it. Just as I thought the meal was done, I was surprised with a cake!!! Ahh…second serving of dessert. It’s sort of a punishment to me for being late… (Hmm…didn’t know punishment can come in surprise packages) . Then the party adjourned….



Well the fun didn’t end there. The few of us who’d went in the same car caught sight of a building which was lighted in multicoloured LEDs (if I’m not mistaken). So the driver of the day decides to take us all to have a look at the building… Off we went to the market near Sunshine Square… It is there that the craziness came out. We just couldn’t help being vain and started snapping pictures with the official camera for the day..Janice’s Canon (Powershot??)



Then we had a tour to the factory sites and decides to call it a day.
To those who’d made the dinner possible, thank you very much for coming. And thanks to my uncle Meng, and all the staff at Fisherman’s Grill for their kind hospitality.. Of course, thanks for all the wishes and the gifts….. hehehe….a girl just couldn’t resists presents and surprises…. The week itself was simply amazing… love u all!!!

1 comment:

Mariposa said...

yes dear it's cannon power shot A550..oldie goodie cammy heheheehe
i had a blast. thanks so much wunnix!