Monday, July 21, 2008

Salty, Sour, Sweet & Bitter.....

The sun, the sand and the seawater....it all started there.... just like any other events I had thought the people I meet there will stay there till we meet again ..maybe next year. Yet if life can be so predictable... everyone would be a philosopher and there wouldn't be so much uncertainties.....

And so uncertainties starts to set in.... from the salty waters things got a little sour. Some people can have shallow minds. Thinking that hearts and feelings can change within 2 days. Just a slight distance and the string is pull back. Yet the string isn't tied to me.. I never allowed the string to be put around me.. not without my consent. And so, like the boat that wasn't tied to the pier, I floated a little further. Then I realised...the string was being pulled back slowly. Until one point, I let the wave take me away. A stronger wave had lead me further to the ocean....

I thought the 'till-we-meet-again' encounter in the Island ends on the Island itself. However, I was wrong. We met again. And this time in my island itself. Again, I never give much thought to this meeting thinking that it'll be over until we met YET again. Second time wrong. Who would have thought that this meeting is going to lead to something else. It was instant. Too fast...a little too furious and challenging. Within a few hours of meeting up, drops of honey were poured over me... I was somehow drenched but not enough to drown me. It felt good. Not because it's from someone whom I never expect, but it was from someone which I had a slight interest in.

With sweetness around, everything seems so beautiful and wonderful. Amid all the sweetness, I was cautiously watching my steps. Taking care not to step into any traps and also not to trigger any suspicion from the one who holds the string. I had my time sitting by the beach sipping a fruit punch and watching the stars at night, had my days trying out cuisines at the new concept restaurant in town, had my time with my colleague best bud, spent my time going through a lazy saturday afternoon, shared my heart n soul to those closest to me and not to forget my current fav sport, SHOPPING!!! Almost all were done without the knowledge of the string holder.

Life isn't all about sweetness... bitter soon sets in as the sweetness goes away. But it's not that bitter...just a soury feeling. I decided to put my foot into the water and test the temperature. Oh dear...to my surprise, the water is still warm.. and to my surprised I was given a box of bitter sweet candies. I am still wondering why was I given that box of bitter sweet candies? I never asked for it and neither do I want it. I know that the box of candies contains nothing that I want and would eventually be thrown away. Looks like I'd have to keep on adding ICE into the water to cool things off which would then freeze. Life can be harsh but TRUTH can me much more hurtful than being stabbed.

At the moment, I am taking in all these life uncertainties one step at a time. Not forgetting to stay grounded from all the sweetness. Also to stay as sane from the salty water, the sour plum and bitter chocolates... Decided to keep on adding ICE into the water because I know that the water would get warmer by the days if I do not do so....

Mariposa, you should understand every single word of them.. :)

3 comments:

Mariposa said...

wei why talk about food la..make me hungry d.

Remember my dear..there's always the 'Panic Room'...and MRP can be implemented anytime you want..Just eat the blue pill..

Yes I speak in riddles, people. Get over it! hehehe Summer I bet you know what I mean ;)

Alternative Helper said...

- You might be adding ICE to something that doesn't need cooling down.
- You might think that all that you see may only be in your mind.
- Don't be misled into thinking that warm water will want to stay warm forever...perhaps the warmth of the water only wants to keep you warm and comfortable and NOT want anything more other than that...so don't complicate your life anymore than you should!

Mariposa said...

darling, take your foot out of the water..then it'll be ICE COLD ;)and no more complications!