Monday, April 6, 2009

Reviving an invisible flair...


Looking at the models in the glossy magazine pages, I wonder if I would be able to strike a pose for the camera as well as those models do. Little did I know that this passion for looking pretty and being photographed was already in me a long, long time ago. A few years back, the nanny who took care of me handed me four (4) photo albums. Those were photographs of my cousin and me when we were young. The four albums are the keys to an untold secret :

Once upon a time, a little star was born...

so, that's where the hand pose came from


As I grew up, I became camera-shy. Those potential shown in my baby days were gone with the snap of a finger. I grew up not liking most of the photographs which had me in them. Was never satisfied with the way I look. I became someone who couldn't be bothered with they way I look and was more of a tomboy-ish person.

Years go by and eventually I gradually transformed. Gradually, the hidden potential began to reveal itself. One fine day, my mum asked me why don't I get my picture taken. I thought I heard her wrongly but that's what she ask. Something within me agreed with my mother's idea. Coincidently, someone which I had befriended a few years back was passionately pursuing his hobby in photograph. He'd suggested that I modelled for him IF I wanted to. I was rather reluctant initially. However, after much thought I say why not give it a shot. So, I told my friend (YN) and an appointment was made for the photoshoot. Before I the day of the shoot, I had a slight discussion with the photographer and stated out the objectives. To me, this shoot is very much personal where I try to get out of being camera-shy. It was also to fulfil my desire to be photographed as a model (wannabe).


And the verdict is.......


this is one priceless shot by YN


I'd had the privilege of being photographed by two (2) photographers one of which is YN and the other is his colleague, Naga. The pictures shown below are the works of Naga.



this is one of my favourite shot by Naga





My favourite shot of the lot

As I relinquish the awkward feeling when being photographed, I had allowed a hidden passion to be fulfilled. Now, the long forgotten star is getting it's glow after so long.....


3 comments:

YN [永年] said...

Too short! :) Was it hard being photographed?

Mariposa said...

well written =) Looks like *that* hand pose was in you a loooong time ago! your baby pics are so adorable =D

..so does that mean there's more posing coming up from you?

summerhope said...

YN, with that kind of dateline I am incapable of coming up with a lengthy story....

Mariposa, yea..I only realised it last night when I found that picture....
I'm not sure if there'll be more poses coming up.. will just have to wait and see ;)