Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cameras & Angles: My perspective.....


Cameras? Ready. Model? Ready. Strike a pose!

Nervousness sets in. I struggled. But both photographers were looking for shots. I tried to look as natural as I could. The hot sun didn't helped much. I was perspiring like a leaking tap. My best friend, Janice was there with me. She tries to draw away the nervous feeling from me. I worked with her. We talked to the photographers. As we walked along the heritage trail, I gradually feel more relaxed. The photographers started snapping away. I tried my best to give them a natural pose for their shots as the theme was "A walk along the heritage trail with Wun".


I had always wanted to know how it felt to be the main subject of attention. Little did I know that it was a lot of hard work and skills needed. Apart from that, one would have to be able to handle the attention that is given. Being camera shy, I had to work through my shyness to enable the photographers to obtain good pictures. As one feel comfortable with oneself and made friends with the camera, the task of being photographed become easy. Of course, being vain would be the best trait at that time.

The whole session lasted for approximately 3 hours. The process was a fun experience. I realised that I still need to work on 'being natural' and also learn how to smile. It also strikes me that I have the capability to imagine how a shot would be but I am unable to deliver that shot. I still need directions when it comes to positioning myself for a shoot. This is when the photographers' directions come in handy.


Alas, the walks into alleys, peeping into people's window, and avoiding uninvited company ends well. Quite a number of shots where snapped but I don't know how many are eligible. I was shown some of the pictures taken but I am sure there are more nice shots under the safe keeping of the photographers. Yet, I am quite satisfied with the results. Thanks to the photographers for their time and effort put in.






pictures are courtesy of Naga











1 comment:

Mariposa said...

we've seen the results and now it's great to hear feedback from the queen of the day.

For a first timer I thought you did pretty well (not that i know how a seasoned person is lah) you listened to the photographers which is always important (buka mulut jhahah)

I had fun watching the shoot, and the location was awesome. Bila mau pigi Khoo Kongsi wei? I wanna go on a Heritage Trail!

Kudos. Some of the pics I can already see in catalogues (you know which ones).

=D
Jan